Photography & Art
Photography & Art: $15 for adults (limit 2 entries per category), Free for juniors
Rules: Photography Competition
Photographs must have been shot in the last year. All entries must have a label on the back with the photographer’s name, farm name, address, phone number, and email address. The Category and a Caption must also be included for each entry.
- Adult (age 17 and older)
- Juniors (age 16 and under)
- Photography Categories
- Black and White
Alpaca photos were taken with skill and technique
- Alpacas Interacting
Alpacas with alpacas, other animals, or people.
- Farm Scenes
What alpacas do where they live.
Those loveable, huggable babies!
What do alpacas do that make us laugh?
- Digitally Manipulated
Photographs that are manipulated beyond the normal darkroom corrections.
All photographs must be printed 8 x 10 or larger, matted with 2 inches white or off-white matte board. (No digital formats will be accepted).
- Mail-in entries must be received no later than May 2nd, 2018
- All mail-in entries must be properly packaged and include return labels and postage in order to be returned.
- Hand delivered entries will be received at the show on Thursday, May 3rd from 2-6 pm
- Entries can be picked up at the show on Sunday, May 6th between 12 and 1 pm.
- Closed judging will be on Friday, May 4th from 9 am until completion.
- Entry Fees
$15.00 per entry for Adult division entries. All Junior entries are free. Checks payable to Alpaca Breeders of the Rockies, INC.
- Judging Process
All entries will be judged according to the category it is entered in based upon:
- Content, composition, and creativity.
- How well the piece relates to the subject of the category.
- The judge may change the category of an item at his/her discretion.
- Photography will be on display starting Friday after completion of the judging.
6. Information on Photos
Please make sure the following information in on a label on the back of each photo:
- Farm Name
- Photographer’s Name
- Phone #
- Junior’s Age (if applicable)
- Description is part of the scoring process
Each item must be accompanied by a written description that includes the title of the photo, camera type, and goals of the piece. The description should be on a 3 x 5 card and not contain any identifying information.
- 1st thru 3rd place ribbons awarded in each category for both Adult and Junior divisions
- Honorable mention at the Judge’s discretion
- Best in Show awarded from all categories combined
- People’s Choice from all categories combined
- Participation ribbons awarded for all entries in the Junior classes
SUBMIT ALL ENTRIES TO:
4477 Mustang Circle
Sedalia, CO 80135
As is standard ABR/GWAS policy, every effort will be made to provide a secure environment, but ABR/GWAS cannot be responsible for individual items displayed.
Written authorization is required to have artwork picked up by someone other than the Exhibitor.
Items must be left on display until 12 pm, Sunday, May 6th. Pick-up time is 12-1 pm on Sunday.